Monday, January 4, 2016

Money Saving on Monday!

his favorite Christmas gift.



We enjoyed a relatively peaceful Christmas, excluding the sickness and multiple doctor visits. The baby ended up with RSV and my daughter had a double ear infection.

Besides that our savings included:

We stayed home a lot due to sickness, saving in gas and other money I would have spent. 

We ate at multiple family member's homes and ate many leftovers.

I did make it to Sam's Club and Hobby Lobby for clearance items for next year. I was able to purchase a few rolls of wrapping paper, Scotch tape, holiday cross stitch kits, ornaments and candy on a deep discount. Some of the wrapping paper was not holiday colored so I purchased it to use for birthdays all year.

I finally did a big shopping trip so that should keep me out of the store for awhile.

I cashed out for 10$ on Swagbucks.

I spent a lot of time decluttering and cleaning out my kitchen and laundry area. This was frugal because I found laundry detergent and a few things I didn't know I had. I'm trying to purge 2,016 items in 2016. I'm well on my way!

4 comments:

  1. Good job on finding things you didn't know you had. I semi-organized my pantry this week while putting away groceries. Granted it's not the ideal time but it cued me to what I'm missing and what I really don't need to purchase any more of just now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to do a quick organization before I do a big shopping haul. I haven't done a large one in a while so it was quite messy. Doesn't help that the kids get into it and mess it all up.

      Delete
  2. wooohoo on organizing and purging. I have joined a group and we are trying to work on simplifying our living. We to are going through what we have and getting rid of what we don't need. I hope you reach your goal!

    ReplyDelete