Monday, January 18, 2016

Money Saving Monday!


Ignore the bad quality, it was dark, but at eight months old, someone thinks he's big enough to try to start standing and walking. He's trying to get to his two year old sister sleeping on the couch.


Ways we Saved This Week:

We continued to eat down the pantry as I have kept a stockpile and expiration dates are approaching.

I only spent 20$ this week at Aldi, which included diapers.

While I was there I found bananas for 0.29 cent a lb and the bunches were buy one get one free because the were getting ripe.

We bought a pantry cabinet at Target as I don't have nearly as much room to store food as I'd like. My husband could have built one but materials have increased so much that we just bought one. I do consider this frugal as it allows me much more storage to stock up on deals. I cleaned out and rearranged all my cabinets and took inventory after we purchased it.

I cashed out for 5$ on the Louder app.

I've continued to work on this year's Christmas gifts.

My husband did another side job which paid for us to get a huge load of gravel to spread in our driveway. It turns into a huge mud slide when it rains so this has needed to be done for a long time.

I was given a huge bag of hand me down pajamas, so we've been slowly going through those and sorting sizes.My two year old can wear the same size as the almost five year old. And she doesn't care if her jammies are for boys! 

We finally turned on our gas stove heater so next month's electric bill should have some savings. Our high today won't get above freezing! We had over and inch of snow yesterday.

1 comment: