Monday, January 25, 2016

Money Saving Monday

We *enjoyed* about 8 to 10 inches of snow this week which is unusual in our area. So we spent 5 days at home without going anywhere! It was so nice to spend a few days as a family with no outside interruptions. School is still out for today and probably tomorrow but my husband had to return to work today.

I'm spending the day catching up on a long to-do list and a lot of cleaning because we are hosting my grandmother's 74th birthday dinner here tomorrow!



I was still able to get a few things done even in the snow!

I cashed out for a 5$ Walmart card and 3$ on Amazon from Swagbucks. (I split my points up between Walmart/Sam's to help the grocery budget and Amazon to help with gifts.)

I downloaded a free item on my Kroger card, it was a box of rice. I will pick this up tomorrow when I pick up a few things for our party and stock up on Kroger's 0.49 cent pasta sale. To save money this week I'm going to cash in my change jar to pay for the items I need. I do this every few weeks to stretch the budget.

I borrowed a bag of books from my sister in law to keep me entertained :) 

I made a batch of homemade floor  cleaner.

I continued to work on homemade gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment