Friday, October 18, 2013

Grocery Budgeting

I have been making a menu plan for a while and don't really spend a lot of money on groceries. My biggest problem is taking my son with me, who gets "treats." I tend to buy one or two junky foods for him and my husband. I think, in order to be more accountable for my grocery money, I'm going to start posting my list and the price like The Blessed Homestead. ( I love her blog.) I really like how she posts her prices. Prices do tend to vary from one location to another but ours are relatively the same.
 
I normally shop at Aldi, where the prices are even better, but I had to go to Walmart to get a prepaid phone card for my phone so I just grabbed what we needed there. I also grabbed a present for my little sister in law for Christmas. I decided if I buy one item each week, it's much easier to pay for Christmas.
 
I didn't really need many groceries this week so I bought a few canned items to stock up on. I try to buy a few canned goods each time I go shopping. Everything else was snacky things to go with the food I had at home.
 
Great Value tortillas - 1.92 (These would've been .99 at Aldi.)
Christmas present - 11.97
Great Value Poptarts - 2.68 ( This is the only thing my husband asks for so I buy them every week for him)
Bagels - 1.50
Bananas - .57 lb ( These would been .44 a lb at Aldi)
Walmart brand Sprite - .68
GV brand creamer - 2.68
2 Cans of green beans - .68 ( these would've .49 at Aldi)
Large can of peaches - 1.72
 
Just from these few items, if I had shopped at Aldi's I would've saved a few dollars. It's right down the road but I hated to stop into two different stores in the rain.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment