Monday, October 21, 2013

Frugal Accomplishments and Weekly Menu

Last week I  began Christmas shopping. I start about this time every year. If I spend a little each week and get things at a good deal, I won't be forced to pay whatever price something is right before Christmas.

I bought yarn on sale with a coupon to make scarves for a few people. I'm also making a few more homemade gifts for friends.

I didn't buy any groceries, but I will go this week. It will be a small trip for things like diapers, milk, eggs, butter, etc. the basics. I may stock up on some canned items.

I made laundry detergent. 

I signed up for a free box of macaroni and cheese and can of frozen juice online. 

I made my menu plan:

Monday (today) - Chicken Alfredo 

Tuesday- Pancakes

Wednesday- snacky dinner or soup since my husband will not home

Thursday- I'm working so if I make it to the store, it will chicken in the crock pot.

Friday- veggie dinner ( corn, broccoli and cheese, green beans)

Saturday - it's my dads birthday so we will be at his house

Sunday - probably with family

No comments:

Post a Comment