Monday, September 30, 2013

Frugal Accomplishments/Menu Plan

This week
 
I was able to get a free package of lunchmeat from Kroger.
 
Using a coupon, I bought some candy for a christmas stocking for .28 $
 
Redeemed Swagbucks for a 5$ Amazon giftcard. It will be used for Christmas gifts.
 
I bought no groceries but me and my husband did go out for a movie for our anniversary. We haven't been on a date for awhile!
 
 
We saw Percy Jackson Seas of Monsters.
 
We hardly ever go to the movies because once you buy two tickets, you could've bought the DVD when it comes out! But it was a nice treat!
 
 

This Week's Menu Plan

All from the pantry/freezer. I won't be buying groceries until this Friday.(maybe.)
 
Monday - Chicken baked with cream of chicken soup, broccoli and cheese
 
Tuesday - Something snacky, my husband will be at a Fire Dept meeting
 
Wednesday - Sweet potatoes
 
Thursday- Pancakes and Bacon
 
Friday - Spaghetti and green beans
 
Saturday - Undecided yet!
 
Sunday- Dinner with family, I'll bring something.
 

2 comments:

  1. Our local theatre runs a great program where "last run" movies (ie it's their last weekend in the theatre) are only 5.95 for a ticket. We try and save money and then wait for our most anticipated movie to get there. We only have a 27" TV so watching something in the theatre is a HUGE (pun intended) deal for us.
    It's great that you do a menu plan and it's all freezer for you. Good planning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dinner is always very different when my husband is away from the table at my house, too! The last time he had a meeting, I made my kids popcorn, a slice of cheese and fruit for dinner! My husband would DEFINITELY not have eaten that! ;)

    ReplyDelete