Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Money Saving Monday / Catch up?

Wow, I really want to get back into posting a lot more often, it's been a while. It doesn't help that I had no computer but now i do!


We have had a busy summer between a week long trip to the beach, a larger garden, and various activities around the homestead, including some home improvements. Of course, I never get as much done as I'd like but every bit helps. 


All three of my children at Outer Banks, NC.
We had the best vacation I think we've ever had, it was perfect.



My wonderful hubby and I.



On to ways we saved money...

I've started Christmas shopping/ working on homemade gifts. I feel like I'm behind but at least I've started!

The garden is finishing up but we have eaten lots of yummy food including green beans and cucumbers. We also processed and froze almost 100 ears of corn from our generous neighbor.

I made a couple homemade birthday presents, including a hairbow holder. I need to start working on a baby shower gift also.

I've been line drying as many loads of clothes as possible and haven't used the dryer much this summer until this week, as it has been rainy.

I've been keeping the air conditioner set at 72, which may not sound high but for my husband, it is. :)

I've also been slowly building our food storage and pantry over the summer to help into the winter..


No comments:

Post a Comment