Friday, March 7, 2014

Frugal Accomplishments and An Update!

My sweet girl!


It's been a rough two weeks My daughter and son both had the flu and my daughter also had pneumonia. Five doctor's appointments within one week, breathing treatments, multiple meds, and two weeks later, they're feeling much better. 

But.. during those two weeks my daughter got her two bottom teeth and began to crawl!


I was able to accomplish a few things though:

Our insurance covered everything(including a nebulizer) except 10$ of one appointment.

Received 3$ from Pinecone Research.

Printed coupons which made a few items almost free: shampoo, candy (for the Easter baskets), chips (which were a big treat because I don't buy them)

I also found a kite on clearance at Walmart for .50 cent for Bentley's Easter basket.

Bagged up some items for the Goodwill store. Yay for decluttering!!

Re-used some baggies

There's been unseasonably crazy weather here but I've kept them thermostat down a couple degrees and heating one room with a small heater at night.

Received some hand-me-downs for my son.

Received an email with a free drink from Sonic.


We bought 6 more chicken to replenish our flock that were all eaten when we moved. Eggs are almost $2 at our Walmart. I did stock up on them at .89$ at Aldi this week. I bought 5 dozen. I would've bought more but I still had some left from when they were .99$ a dozen.
Today's snowman. My son is the smallest one. The rest are my bro and sis in laws!  We were only supposed to get one inch, we got about 8!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad your family is feeling better and yeah to crawling! So exciting. It is crazy that your family was playing in the snow. We played at the park today - high was 68.

    ReplyDelete