Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Menu Plan.

This year I am trying something new. I'm going to keep a record of what groceries I buy and how much money I'm spending. 

I love Aldi for my primary shopping: all my basics and great produce prices. I also like Kroger. They were my favorite until they quit doubling coupons. They still do a free item every Friday.

I started off the new year with a trip to Kroger to use up some Slimfast coupons. (Yes, I'm on a diet. Down 5 lbs so far!)

This is what I bought:

Kroger brand fresh chicken breast - 5.65
cheddar cheese block - 2.00
Lean Cuisine - 2.00 x 5
Turkey Bacon -1.49 x 4
Turkey lunch meat - 3.00
Slimfast - 5.00 x 2
Biscuits - 1.00 x 2
Saltines - .99
Hamburger Helper (chicken fried rice) 1.00 x5 
(I love this stuff, even if it is probably very unhealthy)
Slimfast snacks - 3.49 x 2
Gatorade chews FREE
Hot dog buns - 1.00
Tide - 3.50
Sliced cheese - .99

I used the following coupons

1$ off five hamburger helpers
1$ off 5 lean cuisines
BOGO Slimfast
5$ off 2 slimfast
1.50 off Tide
.30 off biscuits
  Before coupons 91.00 
I paid 46.92


Weekly Menu

Monday - We had just got home from the beach. I had a Slimfast.

Tuesday - Chicken fried rice

Wednesday - Hot dogs, fruit

Thursday - Crockpot chicken, green beans

Friday - Pancakes, bacon

Saturday - Sausage and onions, mac n cheese


For breakfast and lunch I will be having shakes and fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment